It is this time of the year, I suppose. There are some good news. First of all, I had the silver award in the English expat blogs category (see here if you want to know more). Thanks for all your support and kind words. I had never had any award in a competition before, so it was nice to finally get one!
But it doesn’t stop here. I have been nominated by my friend and fellow blogger Sonia (you can read her here) for the Liebster award. I don’t normally pass awards, but it is Christmas, Sonia is lovely and I have met her in the flesh. This means I thought that I could make an exception, so here I am.
The rules are:
1. When you receive the award nomination, post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
2. Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that they have been nominated!)
3. Write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
4. Of course, do not nominate the blog of the one who nominated your blog!
5. Paste the award picture onto your blog. (You can Google the image; there are plenty of them!)
So here we go – here are 11 random facts about me:
1. I think that I like Bikram yoga. Who would have thought?
2. Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without marrons glaces. I have had far too many of them.
3. I am not doing much right now but I feel like yawning all the time. What is wrong with me?
4. I don’t intend to have any new year’s resolutions in 2013. I never keep them anyway, so what’s the point?
5. I am not religious but I like going to a Christmas mass on Christmas’ eve.
6. I might move in 2013.
7. I am not sure where home is any more.
8. I am not a morning person
9. I haven’t bought any new clothes for far too long.
10. I need to exercise more.
11. Why do I keep scratching my head all the time (no, it is NOT nits)?
Now, I need to answer Sonia’s questions.
1. What is your biggest accomplishment so far in your life?
I really don’t know. I am very proud to have been able to start a new life in a different country. I am also very proud of my two daughters, obviously. That said, I also believe that you can’t aways think of your accomplishments. It is best to look at the future and keep reinventing yourself all the time.
2. Where did you first meet your spouse (if applicable)?
We met at university, and, to cut a long story short, I didn’t really warm up to him at first!
3. How do you see yourself at 80?
I see myself living in Bali, in a house at the top of a hill.
4. What do you hope to accomplish in the next 5 years.
I hope to travel a bit more, take my blog to the next level and expand my business.
5. What is your biggest fear in life and why?
I have no idea. When I was little, I was living in the South of France and I was terrified of forest fires.
6. Are you a Gutsy woman? In what way?
I am just doing what I can (aren’t we all?), I suppose. I might be gutsy, but I am also incredibly fortunate because I managed to set up my own business from the comfort of my own home.
7. Where do you see yourself living when you retire?
I see myself travelling around the world for a while. I have always dreamed of going around the Mediterannean Sea, visiting as many countries as possible.
8. Do you regret any decisions you’ve made in your life?
I regret a lot of things. For instance, I should have taken English as my first foreign language instead of German. I also should have left France right after my studies, but I didn’t see it like that at the time. That said, we all have regrets, don’t we?
9. Is there a profession you would pick today if you could start over? Which one and why?
I think that I would try to be a journalist. Don’t ask me why!
10. What are you looking forward to in 2013?
I am looking forward to new travels and adventures!
11. How do you stay motivated?
I go for a run when I feel stuck. It usually does the trick.
Right, and now, here are my nominees. Please pay them a visit!
1. Hajra, who lives so far and yet shares so many concerns. You can read her here
2. I love Doreen’s words. She is sensitive and kind. A mist-read. See here to read her.
3. Sarah is my mirror image: she is British but lives in France. You can read her adventures here.
4. Laura is an American mom living in Belgrade. She writes with humour and gusto. See here.
5. Check our Barbara’s yummy recipes here.
6. Read Corinne’s inspiring blog here.
7. I have been following Joy for a long, long time. You can learn more about her here.
8. Thom will always find a word of wisdom for you. You can read his blog here.
9. Pandora is a seasoned writer, and she has remained nice and approachable. Check out her wonderful blog here.
10.If you like poetry and words, you absolutely need to have a look at Sweepy Jean’s blog here.
11. And, last but not least, Janine’s inspiring adventures and travels. You can read her blog here. Janine has been supporting me from the very start and I am hugely grateful to her.
Right. And now, here are the questions that I would like the nominees to answer:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favourite book and why?
3. Where would you like to live?
4. What are your new year’s resolutions for 2013?
5. What is writing for you?
6. How do you find time to write your blog?
7. What is your biggest regret?
8. What are you most proud of?
9. How do you stay motivated?
10. If you could be a character, who would you be? Why?
11. What makes you happy?
I do hope that your busy schedules can allow time for your acceptance of this award!
Muriel – A French Yummy Mummy In London