That’s it, we are going back. Spending a few days in New York is always re-energising, I don’t know why.
This week was more emotional than I thought. I was browsing, just for fun, the immigrants database from the Ellis museum and found out that 3 of my great-great uncles (brothers of my great grandfather) had come here from Italy in 1907,1908 and 1913. My great grandfather emigrated to France around 1900. I knew nothing about this side of the family. What a surprise ! I wonder where they are now.
1. Road rage is pretty widespread in NYC. Drivers keep tooting their horns all the time, especially for silly reasons. They don’t seem to understand that pedestrians sometimes need to cross the road because it slows them down when they are making a right turn.
2. Run rage is pretty big too. People who run in Central Park expect you to move as soon as you see them or they will call you birds names. Even if the pathway is empty.
3. American children can be very, very loud. In a way that I didn’t even know was even possible. And I am the mother of two very active daughters. Maybe it is something in the food?
4. In a restaurant, always take the smallest portion. It will be enough to feed two persons.
5. I bought our breakfast every morning at the local Starbucks. The very same thing every day. I paid a different amount every day. I was to jet-lagged to say anything anyway. On average I paid the right amount, so why fight?
Anyway, time to go back home now. In London. In fact, I am a bit sad to have to leave.
Muriel – A French Yummy Mummy In London