There is no denying it: it’s getting colder and darker. Fair enough, we have had a bit more sunshine than usual, but do not kid yourself: it will soon be winter. That said, fear not, I have come up a few tricks to cheer yourself up. Enjoy without moderation:
- Bake, bake, bake. There is nothing like the smell of fresh bread to feel warmer, and generally better.
- Go and watch Carmen at the Royal Opera House. Come on, sing along “l’amour est un oiseau rebelle…”
- It’s just a little Crushed: come on, have some compote. There is nothing to feel bad about, because there is no added sugar in Crushed compotes. Who said that compotes were for kids anyway? Well, not me. In short, it’s time for a Crushed. After all, it’s just a bit of fruit, right?
- Ditch the baggy pants. Go lingerie shopping. You will feel so much better for it. What is it with all the bright yellow green panties this side of the Channel. Nobody looks good in them! It’s time to do something about it!
- Mulled wine. Because you can buy the spices in Fortnum & Mason. Believe me, it will lift everybody’s spirits!
- Listen to this: the Summer Of Boys. It will wake you up. And it’s all about a summer romance. What’s not to like?
7. It is all about enjoying the small things in life, isn’t it? Today I was walking on Piccadilly Circus and this is what I saw. See, it might be colder but there is a surprise at every corner of the street. Look at this:
Because it’s the small things that matter, right? So here it is: just keep on and enjoy them…
Disclosure: I have teamed up with Crushed Compotes for this post.